Chapman University seeks applications for a tenure track Assistant Professor of Political Science, in the Department of Political Science, within Wilkinson College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences, beginning in August 1, 2020.
Chapman University, located in the heart of Orange County, California, offers traditional undergraduate programs in the arts and sciences and select pre-professional and graduate programs. Ranked in the top tier of Western universities, by U.S. News and World Report, Chapman has gained national recognition with its commitment to excellence through research and innovative teaching. The University is classified by Carnegie as an R-2 research institution; Chapman has gained national recognition with its commitment to excellence through research and innovative teaching. More information is available at https://www.chapman.edu/
The University is dedicated to enhancing diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruitment and employment. More information on diversity and inclusion at Chapman University is available at https://www.chapman.edu/diversity.
• Doctorate in Political Science or related field by the start date.
• Demonstrated strong research trajectory, including publications and involvement with professional organizations.
• Evidence of teaching excellence, including innovative and inclusive pedagogy.
• Demonstrated capacity to advise graduate and undergraduate students, including on coursework, research projects and career prospects.
• Specialization in the area of Human Security including but not limited to: environmental security (such as climate change adaptation, global health or food security); gender and/or race and security; conflict and/or environmentally induced displacement; poverty and sustainable development; governance issues related to new security paradigms.
Qualified applicants must electronically submit a faculty application, cover letter, curriculum vitae, evidence of teaching effectiveness, writing sample and letter from three academic/professional references to:
Drs. Art Blaser and Crystal Murphy
Search Committee Co-Chairs
c/o: Talisa Flores at email@example.com
Please use “Assistant Professor of Political Science” as the email subject line.
Application review will begin October 15, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications. Chapman University offers a relocation expense reimbursement package as well as a first-time Orange County homebuyer assistance program. Successful completion of a background check is required for the final candidate.
Subject to final budget approval.
Download a copy of the Chapman Faculty Application for Employment here.
Chapman University is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community.
The University is dedicated to enhancing diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruitment and employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition,
military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The University is committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Chapman University, One University Drive, Orange, CA 92866 Human Resources Department